His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue. —2 Peter 1: 3
[divine] Greek: theios (G2304), that which belongs to the Godhead.
* 2Pet. 1:4
* Acts 17:29
Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising.
Matthew 21: 33– 44
33) “Hear another parable: There was a certain landowner who planted a vineyard and set a hedge around it, dug a winepress in it and built a tower. And he leased it to vinedressers and went into a far country.
* [parable: There was a certain householder …] This illustrates that the responsibility of propagating the kingdom of God would be taken from the Jews and given to the Gentiles.
* [tower] A booth for watchmen (Isa. 1:8; 5:2).
* [let it out] Three kinds of leases were given:
* Laborers received part of the crop.
* Full rent was paid in money.
* A portion was paid to the owner.
* Leases were for a year, for life, or were hereditary.
34)Now when vintage-time drew near, he sent his servants to the vinedressers, that they might receive its fruit.
35)And the vinedressers took his servants, beat one, killed one, and stoned another.
36)Again he sent other servants, more than the first, and they did likewise to them.
37)Then last of all he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’
38)But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.’
39)So they took him and cast him out of the vineyard and killed him.
40)“Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vinedressers?”
41)They said to Him, “He will destroy those wicked men miserably, and lease his vineyard to other vinedressers who will render to him the fruits in their seasons.”
* [He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons]
* Their answer showed that they understood the parable.
* The story is similar to the one where Jews killed servants God sent them.
* Last of all God sent His Son. Now the prediction was that they would kill Him as the husbandmen did the son of the owner of the vineyard they had leased.
* The husbandmen were destroyed and the vineyard leased to others.
* This meaning is clear from the application in Mt. 21:42-46.
42)Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:
‘The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
This was the Lord’s doing,
And it is marvelous in our eyes’ ”
“Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.
44) And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.”
* Whoever throws himself on the mercy of Christ shall be broken and made contrite (Ps. 34:18; 51:17; 147:3), but whoever rejects His mercy shall be completely crushed (Greek: likmao (G3039), be scattered like chaff, Mt. 21:44; Lk. 20:18). This scattering like chaff refers to the dispersion of the nation (Lk. 21:24). The term “broken in pieces” refers to complete defeat and destruction in Isa. 8:9; Jer. 50:2; cp. Dan. 2:35,44-45.
Many people make wills and appoint someone to carry out their final requests. After the person dies, very often those people who have had property left to them never get it because of unfaithful stewards who have been left in charge. But there is one will that has been left, and He who made the whole will is our Lord Jesus Christ.
After dying, He rose to carry out His own will. And now we may have all that has been left to us by Him:
* all the inheritance
* all the blessings
* all the power
* all the life
* and all the victory.
All His promises are ours because He is risen. I believe the Lord wants us to know our inheritance.
Jesus invites you, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matt. 11: 28).
God is willing in His great mercy to touch you with His mighty power; if He is willing to do this, how much more eager He is to deliver you from the power of Satan and to make you a child of the King!
How much more necessary it is for you to be healed of your soul sickness than of your bodily ailments!
Because He is risen as a faithful High Priest, He is here to help us understand His divine principles.
May God provide us with a clear knowledge of what He means for us in these days.
He has called us to great banquets and wants us to bring good appetites to His table.
It is a serious thing to come to a banquet of the Lord and not be able to eat anything.
We must have very thirsty conditions and hungry souls.
Then we can have what is prepared for us.
We can be “strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man” (Eph. 3: 16).
May the Lord take us into His treasures now.
We must experience a:
* now power,
* a now blessing
* a now God
* a now heaven
* a now glory
* a now virtue.