Let us not go through life wondering if we are making it into Heaven, but pursuing the Lord God and His voice.. Let’s live a life full of Joy, hope, and His voice daily leading us!
Peter’s Approaching Death and stating to them In view of the reasons I have stated as necessary to enter into eternal life….
For this reason, I will not be negligent to remind you always of these things, though you know and are established in the present truth. -2 Peter 1:12 (NKJV)
God’s Promise Is Not Slack
Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder) -2 Peter 3:1 (NKJV)
God wants to STIR us up in our PURE minds.
All for Christ
Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe. -Philippians 3:1 (NKJV)
- He calls us to “rejoice in the Lord” yes he is calling you to let your happiness be in the Lord.
- Also take note he says “to write the same things to you”. He writes the same doctrines that he had preached and written to others because it is SAFE for you. Let us daily stay in His word and truth!
Old and New Apostates
But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. -Jude 1:5 (NKJV)
Here the point is DONT DEFILE your FLESH!
Sixteen Sins of Homosexuals
- They practice sex perversion (Jude 1:8; Rom. 1).
- They despise government and law (Jude 1:8).
- They insult rulers (Jude 1:8; 2Pet. 2).
- They speak evil in ignorance (Jude 1:10).
- They corrupt themselves (Jude 1:10; Rom. 1).
- They commit sin in maintaining error in religion (Jude 1:11; Gen. 4).
- They serve in religion for gain (Jude 1:11; 2Pet. 2:15; Num. 31:8,16).
- They rebel like Korah (Jude 1:11; Num. 16).
- They practice hypocrisy (Jude 1:12).
- They commit ungodly deeds (Jude 1:15; Rom. 1).
- They blaspheme God (Jude 1:15).
- They murmur and complain (Jude 1:16).
- They live in ungodly lusts (Jude 1:4,16,18).
- They brag and boast (Jude 1:16).
- They mock truth (Jude 1:18; 2Pet. 3:3).
- They live in sensual lusts (Jude 1:19).
Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. -2 Timothy 1:6 (NKJV)
- On account of your true faith and consecration, I remind you to stir up the gift of God that is in you.
- Be faithful even in afflictions according to the power of God in you (2Tim. 1:6-8).
- The gift is referred to as a fire, which, if not frequently stirred up and more fuel added, will go out.
- The Greek for “stir up” is anazopureo (G329), to kindle up the fire; to add fresh fuel to it. Only here.
- From this it is clear that gifts can be neglected, as Paul warns in 1Tim. 4:14.
- If this happens, if they are not properly used or replenished with continued grace and power from the Holy Spirit anointing they will become powerless and useless and thus fail in their purpose.
- This is why people need a constant supply of the Spirit–many fillings, as we see in Acts.
- This is why Jesus Himself had to live in prayer and receive a constant supply of the Holy Spirit (note, Lk. 3:21).
- This is what Paul prayed for and expected in Php. 1:19; Eph. 3:14-21.
Graces of the Heirs of Grace
1 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. -Titus 3:1-2 (NKJV)
Take a look at the sevenfold message to the Cretians referring to Titus 3:1-2:
- Be subject to principalities and powers (civil rulers, Tit. 3:1; Rom. 13:1-8 1Pet. 2:13-18).
- Obey magistrates (local civil officers, Tit. 3:1; Rom. 13:1-8).
- Be ready for every good work (Tit. 3:1).
- Speak evil of no man (Tit. 3:2; Jas. 3).
- Be no brawlers (Tit. 3:2; 1Tim. 3:3).
- Be gentle (Tit. 3:2; note, Php. 4:5).
- Show meekness to all men (Gal. 5:22-23).
This is a faithful saying and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men. -Titus 3:8 (NKJV)
Smith wigglesworth said “If you are in the same place today as you were yesterday, you are a backslider.” ˜ Smith Wigglesworth
Let us desire and pursue the Lord daily with everything! The focus of where you will end up in eternity will no longer be a factor, but a reality of truth on that final day!