Philippians 4:6-7 (NKJV)
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
be careful (anxious) for nothing
- meden (G3367)
- merimnate (G3309)
- be anxious about nothing.
“be careful” (Php. 4:6; Lk. 10:41);
“have care” (1Cor. 7:32-34; 12:25; Php. 2:20);
“take thought” (Mt. 6:25-34; 10:19; Lk. 12:11,22-26).
Do not tolerate anxiety or worry, for it will injure your own souls.
God alone can help you.
And He will do it, if you will pray about everything that happens and give thanks for everything (Php. 4:6 1Th. 5:18).
Make your requests known unto God
We are commanded here to let all requests be made known to God
- spiritual needs and wants
- everything that concerns us in life along any line.
Ten Secrets for the Cure of Worry
- Permit the peace of God to garrison or keep your heart and mind through Jesus Christ (Php. 4:7).
- Renounce all worry; then by prayer, supplication, and thanksgiving, make all requests known to God (Php. 4:6; Jas. 4:7).
- Think on right things (Php. 4:8).
- Keep mind stayed on God (Isa. 26:3).
- Use the weapons of spiritual warfare (2Cor. 10:4-6).
- Put on the whole armor of God (Eph. 6:10-18).
- Have faith in God (Mt. 6:25-34; 7:7-11; 17:20; 21:22; Mk. 11:22-24).
- Live and walk in the Spirit (Gal. 5:16-26 Rom. 6:14-23; 8:1-13).
- Do not cast away confidence (Heb. 3:6,12-14; 6:11-12; 10:19-23,35-39).
- Cast all your cares upon God (1Pet. 5:7).